Bank Holidays in May 2022 : When will the banks be closed
Bank Holidays in May 2022 : Friends, in the month of May 2022, there is a total of 11 days bank holiday. The first week comes three holidays, 1 May 2022 is a Sunday, after that on 2 May 2055, Ramadan-Eid, on 3 May 2022, Eid will be celebrated on Akshaya Tritiya, Parshuram Jayanti 2022 and many different different places.
There are many festivals in the month of May so there is a holiday in the bank. This month begins with a holiday. If you have a job in a bank, you have to wait. Because the bank will be closed for 11 days due to different festivals. Due to Eid and Parshuram Jayanti and Ramadan-Eid Jayanti, Akshay Tritiya, banks will remain closed for 2 days in many cities.
Bank Holidays in May 2022 due to festivals
There is also a list of holidays on RBI(rbi.org.in) official website. If you have any necessary work in the bank, check the list of these holidays, Otherwise you have to come home without work. In today’s digital age, all the work of the bank goes beyond the mobile app. But there are also some task that we have to go to the branch.
List of Bank Holidays in May 2022
- 1 may 2022 : Sunday
- 2 may 2022 : Parshuram Jayanti
- 3 may 2022 : Eid ul Fitr and Basawa Jayanti – banks will remain closed in Agartala, Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Panaji, Raipur, Shimla, Srinagar.
- 4 may 2022 : Banks will remain closed in Telangana state on Wednesday due to Eid-ul-Fitr
- 8 may 2022 : Sunday
- 9 may 2022 : All banks closed in Tripura and West Bengal on Monday on account of the birth anniversary of Guru Rabindra Nath.
- 14 may 2022 : Second Saturday
- 15 may 2022 : Sunday
- 16 may 2022 : All banks will remain closed on the occasion of Buddha Purnima
- 22 may 2022 : Sunday
- 24 may 2022 : All banks will remain closed on Tuesday on the occasion of Kazi Nazrul Islam Jayanti
- 28 may 2022 : Fourth Saturday
- 29 may 2022 : Sunday
RBI(Reserve Bank of India) divided holidays into 3 categories
- Negotiable Instruments Act
- Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday
- Banks Closing of Accounts
Online services of banking will continue
For some reason customers sometimes have to go to the branch. All customers can also transact online with the benefit of outstanding digital services. All the online services of the bank can be availed only through their own smart phone. The bank has its own application from which customers can access their account.